The Alexandria Nova network explores what the art of directing is and how it is taught. The project, to be implemented in 2019-2022, will provide changes to students, teachers and professionals in the field of directing to share their thinking and knowledge across national borders. This is central to the development of the art form, as in many countries study programmes are very small.
At the end of the development project in 2022, the network will publish a book on directors art and an online library that will complement it. The co-operation will continue even after the project.
- Germany: Hochschule für Schauspielkunst ‘ERNST BUSCH’, Berlin (main organiser)
- Denmark: Den Danske Scenekunstskole, Copenhagen
- Norway: Kunsthogskolen i Oslo, Oslo
- Lithuania: Lietuvos Muzikos ir Teatro Akademija, Vilnius
- Iceland: Listahaskoli Islands, Reykjavik
- Sweden: Stockholms Kunstnarliga Hogskola, Stockhom
- Finland: The Theatre Academy of the University of the Arts, Helsinki
- Brazil: SP Escola de Teatro, São Paulo
What do we do?
Alexandria Nova organise workshops and joint working time for network students and teachers. The annual open seminar deals with the basics of directing. National gatherings invite art professionals to discuss the topic.
Erasmus+ programme of the European Union
Hochschule für Schauspielkunst ‘ERNST BUSCH’, Berlin