The legendary R building on Pohjoinen Rautatiekatu has been a music study centre for over 90 years.
The R Building is located on the Töölö Campus, right in the centre of Helsinki. The building houses a 550-seat Concert Hall, a Chamber Music Hall, an Early Music Hall, and rooms for teaching and practice. There is also a café where art enthusiasts can meet to enjoy a light lunch or snacks. The café is open to concert-goers in the evenings.
The building was completed in 1931, and it was designed by architect Eino Forsman. In 2019, the building underwent a renovation that restored the original appearance and acoustics.