Data Protection Statement for the Customers and Musicians of the Primo Event Service of the University of the Arts Helsinki
Articles 13 and 14 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. Informing a data subject. Drawn up on May 21, 2018; Updated on December 8, 2022
1. Entity and person in charge of processing personal data
Production Secretary Miisa Järvi
E-mail address: email@example.com, telephone: +358 40 710 4334
2. Contact persons for handling personal data
Producer Susanna Torvinen
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: +358 50 526 1970
3. Name of register
Rukkis / customer and musician register of the primo event service
4. What are the purpose and the legal basis for processing personal data?
The Primo event service co-operates with customers (enterprises and communities) for whose various events musical programme is produced. The event service processes, in addition to its customers’ personal data, also those of the musicians booked by the event service to perform in customers’ events.
The purpose of processing information about enterprises and their contact persons is to attend to a customer relationship, and the purpose of processing information about performers is to book performers via the event service for customers’ events and to prepare and execute performance agreements:
- processing a request for offer made by a customer and making a programme offer to the customer
- contacting the performer of the event
- concluding a programme agreement with the customer
- concluding performance agreements with the performers
- invoicing the customer
- paying performers’ fees
We keep the customers’ contact information on file also after the event in order to be able to serve them better. From the customer data, we see e.g. what kind of programme has been produced for them for the previous occasions so that we are able to offer them new alternatives. We also see what kind of entertainment they usually like.
The musicians’ and ensembles’ contact information is kept on file so that they can be contacted in matters relating to events.
We send our customers newsletters and invite our regular customers to various events.
The legal basis for processing personal data is comprised of the execution of agreements as regards both customers and musicians and of the legitimate interest in handling customer accounts.
When processing personal data, we do not make use of automated decision-making and profiling as referred to in the Data Protection Regulation.
5. What data do we process?
In conjunction with the customer and musician register, we process the following personal data:
- Information about the customer’s contact person:name of enterprise/ community and name, e-mail address, telephone number, and address of contact person
- Information about the customer account and the agreement: information about past and current agreements and orders/bookings
- Basic information about the performer: ensemble or band/name, e-mail address, telephone number and address of contact person
- Personal data related to payment of fees: these have been described as part of statement on the University of the Arts Helsinki regarding the processing of the personal data of people in a non-work or non-study relationship with the University
Providing the information listed above is a prerequisite for establishing a contractual and/or customer relationship and for concluding a performer agreement. Without the necessary personal data, we cannot deliver the service.
6. Where do we get information?
We get information directly from the customers and musicians. Customers provide information when they contact the Primo event service. Musicians give their information when offering their services.
7. To whom do we disclose and transfer data, and do we transfer data outside the EU or the EEA?
We do not disclose register data to outside parties. In our service, we use subcontractors with which we have concluded agreements on processing personal data. We do not transfer personal data beyond the EU or outside the EEA.
8. How long will we keep data?
We keep personal data on file for as long as is necessary for the intended use of personal data. Both the customers and the performers may ask for their data to be erased from our register. We annually check our customer and performer data and erase outdated data (data not used for benefit in a period of three years).
9. With whom can you get in touch?
All questions on the processing of personal data as described in this data protection statement are to be asked by getting in touch with the contact person named in Point two who will, in case of need, forward the matter to the data protection officer. In case you feel that your rights are not respected, you may get directly in touch with the Uniarts Data Protection Officer.