You can watch a free live stream of the concert on Youtube, 22 October, 19–21.
In a masterclass organised in connection with the concert, Bogányi introduces students to the secrets of his grand piano design. The modern materials and futuristic look of the grand piano are designed to serve Bogányi’s tonal ideal of a singing and multitonal grand-piano sound. The concert is organised in collaboration with the Hungarian Cultural Centre.
Sibelius Academy piano students
First half played by students of the master class:
- Franz Liszt: Transsendenttinen etydi no 11 “Harmonies du soir”, Tomasz Białynicki-Birula
- J.S. Bach: Preludi ja fuuga f-molli (WTK I), Lacrimioara Galagan
- Sergei Prokofiev: Sonaatti no 3 a-molli op. 28, Emma Tiihonen
- Frédéric Chopin: Nokturno H-duuri op. 62 no 1, Johanes Timothy
- Frédéric Chopin: Grande valse brillante a-molli op. 34 no 2, Eteri Tskipurishvili
- Claude Debussy: Estampes, osat 1. Pagodes ja 3. Jardins sous la pluie , Mariia Zemnitckaia
Second half played by Gergely Bogányi
- Bach: Toccata and Fugue in D minor BWV 538 (arr. Bogányi)
- Liszt: Legend no. 1 (St. Francis of Assisi preaching to the birds)
- Liszt: Vallée d’Obermann
Further information: Pauli Raitakari email@example.com
Music – of a more recent variety
The students of the Sibelius Academy perform in over 700 concerts each year. The concerts of the internationally renowned academy open doors for future top artists and offer unforgettable experiences.