Data protection statement for camera surveillance
Articles 13 and 14 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. Informing a data subject. Drawn up on May 14, 2018; Updated on August 7, 2020
1. Representative of controller
Attendant Mikko Ilanko
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: +358 400 792 031
2. Name of register
Camera surveillance register
3. Basis for processing
Legitimate interest of controller
4. Purposes for processing personal data
The use of a video surveillance system is needed for the administration and activities of the University of the Arts Helsinki.
- ensuring the personal safety of employees and/or of others in the employer’s premises
- protection of property
- pro-active prevention of harm
- monitoring of the appropriate functioning of production processes
- and prevention or clarification of situations likely to endanger any of the above.
5. Description of data subject groups
Persons moving in the premises of the University of the Arts Helsinki or in their immediate vicinity
6. Description of personal data groups
- Video recording
- approx. 1 month
- the retention period of material transferred to authorities is determined pursuant to the data protection principles of the authorities in question
7. Regular data sources
Camera surveillance equipment (including related software)
8. Availability and disclosure of data
Internal security personnel
The video recordings can only be accessed by persons designated by the controller
9. Personal data recipient groups
Police authorities for preliminary investigation
10. Transfer of data outside the EU or the EEA
No data is transferred outside the EU or the EEA.
11. Principles of register protection
Several technical and organizational measures have been implemented to protect the video surveillance system and personal data.
The measures implemented include the following:
- The servers intended for storing saved images are situated in protected places equipped with physical safeguards: the logical network area is protected by network-protecting firewalls; the main data systems containing data are burglary-protected.
- the storage devices are situated in property premises to which only the personnel of the facility and IT services of the University of the Arts Helsinki have access.
- Camera surveillance is carried out by authorized personnel only.
- Users are given access rights only to the data that they need in order to perform their duties.
- The controller designates the persons given access rights to the camera surveillance recordings.
- Only the person in charge of the system designated by the controller may grant, alter, or revoke access rights.
Notices by the entrances of University buildings
- The public is informed about the video surveillance with stickers at the entrances of all buildings including parking halls.
The data protection statement of camera surveillance is published on the University website, http://www.uniarts.fi/privacy.