ART PROJECTS (SOME OF THEM)
- A concert in Germany, Halle Handel Museum in March 5th.
- A concert in Norway, Nordlys-festival in January 28th.
- A concert in Rome, Villa Lante in May 25th 2016.
- A concert in Dublin, at the Royal Irish College of Music in September 8th 2016.
- Et in Arcadia ego – an auditory meditation garden at the Music Centre 2016
- A concert tour in Japan in autumn 2015: Tokyo, Nagoya and Hiroshima. The program included a new work for guitar and harpsichord by Paola Livorsi.
- Summer 2014 premiers and contemporary repertory at the Viitasaari Time of Music festival, Rauma Festivo and in Nordic Historical keyboard Festival.
- In the wood, in the hut, in the mind -performance at the Kajaani Poetry week 2014. Also in Sellosali, Järvenpää library, Nya paviljongen in Kauniainen, the perfromance was premiered in Music centre, Helsinki.
- Concert at the DiP conference 2014 Jean-Philippe Rameau; Les Sauvages et autres pièces du claveçin.
- Music Coordinator of art museum Amos Anderson´s Domus Pompeiana -exhibition 2007-2008, artistic designer of the three concerts
- Leader and member of the innovation project of Sibelius-Academy: De la Pluralité des Mondes –performance 2006, TV-recording SIBA-TV
- Member (harpsichordist-organist) of The Finnish Baroque Orchestra (former The 6th Floor Orchestra) for 11 years
- Opera projects including Orfeo ed Euridice by Gluck, Ulisse by Rebel, Orfeo, Tancredi e Clorinda, Vespro della Beata Vergine, Madrigale amorosi e guerrieri by Monteverdi, Dido and Aeneas by Purcell, Il Mondo della Luna by Haydn, Clemenza di Tito and several other operas by Mozart, St Mathew´s Passion by Bach and several other works by Bach and Handel.
- The founder of The Elysian Fields -workshop including concerts 2005-2016, see the website.
- SOIVA PUU –TV-program (FST) 1997,
- A Night in the Ateneum museum
- Ariosa Early italian repertory 1999 (Jubal)
- Memento Mori Froberger (Alba) 2005
- L´Egyptienne, Nouvelles suites by Jean-Philippe Rameau (Alba) 2009
- Upcoming: Beyond the River God 2014 (Divine Arts Recording Group)
- Tour in Japan 2015: Tokyo, Nagoya, Hiroshima.
- EUBO tours 1995-96 in Europe and in Marocco
- Baltic and Russia 1991 and concerts in Sweden 1992, Germany, Estonia (2001) and France (2001).
Research and publications
The Heritage of Humanism in the French Cantata 1700-1730. (Est -series of publication)
Retorinen L’Obscurité – historiallinen tiedostaminen muusikon työprosessissa Musiikki-lehti 2014
The rhetorical moaning – les sons glissés as musical gestures. Trio 2013
The music-related gestures of la danse grotesque in Rameau’s Les Sauvages. Trio 2016.
‘Can one wade twice into the same Seine?’ Ruukku Studies in Artistic Research
An Article in British Harpsichord Society’s publication.
Composing and Performing New Harpsichord Music
Issue No. 9 Published by ‘The British Harpsichord Society’ AUGUST 2015
– ”The performer´s relationship to the score, the tradition, the composer´s performing intentions”. TEAK CARPa-colloquium 2011
– ”A painting on the skin.” http://www.embodimentofauthority.net/ Sibelius-Academy
– ”A painting on the skin – rhetorical actio in the French 18th -century music”
– ”The rhetorical irony – Embodied research of musical rhetoric.” Ironian kehollinen retoriikka- musiikillisen retoriikan kehollista tutkimusta.
DiP conference 2014 in Helsinki La danse grotesque in Rameau’s Les Sauvages
LONTOO SONGART -festival in June 2012
“Cantate; a nexus of living meanings.” 3rd Annual Meeting of the SongArt Performance Research Group
London, Thursday, 21 June, 2012
STOCKHOLM Sixteenth Nordic Musicological Congress 7-10 August 2012 Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden
Assi Karttunen & Päivi Järviö: “Rhetorical actio in the body of the baroque music performer –Embodied figures in a recitative by Michel Pignolet de Montéclair.”
GENT Orpheus Institute 2012 3.10.-5.10. 2012
Research Festival From Known to Unknown – Possible Worlds for Artistic Experimentation in Music.
Assi Karttunen & Päivi Järviö: “Silence as Presence – Embodied Rhetoric of French Baroque Music” presentation and a concert.
DUBLIN The Royal Irish College of Music, September 8th 2016
Assi Karttunen, DMus, postdoc-researcher
A recital lecture: Practise-led research on the musical gestures embedded in François Couperin’s harpsichord music
François Couperin (1668-1733): Le Quatrième (et dernier) livre de pièces de clavecin (1730) L’exquise, allemande ; Les Pavots ; Les Chinois, 27e ordre.
HELSINKI Arts Without Borders AWB conference at the University of the Arts, October 2016
A paper and an experimenting demo with soprano Annami Hylkilä
Merging borders – historical research and artistic research as interdisciplinary approaches to music studies
- performance practice
- basso continuo
- practice-based research
- early music
- artistic research
- performance studies