A research project supported through CERADA research centre (the Center for Educational Research and Academic Development in Arts) from 2014 to 2021.
- Professor Helena Gaunt (Guildhall School of Music & Drama)
- Assistant Professor Patrick Furu (Hanken Business School)
- Professor Riikka Stewen (The Academy of Fine Arts, University of the Arts Helsinki)
- Professor Heidi Westerlund (The Sibelius Academy, University of the Arts Helsinki)
- Professor Leena Rouhiainen (The Theatre Academy, University of the Arts Helsinki)
- Dr. Danielle Treacy (The Sibelius Academy, University of the Arts Helsinki)
The aim of the project
This project examines learning and teaching environments in the three academies of the University of the Arts Helsinki. It aims to illuminate and celebrate the diversity of learning and teaching processes across the disciplines, explore the potential for interdisciplinary dialogue, and develop exchange and collaboration to envision learning environments for the future. In so doing, it also aims to research the process of developing shared leadership in this university setting.
Gaunt, H., & Treacy, D. S. (2020). Ensemble practices in the arts: A reflective matrix to enhance team work and collaborative learning in higher education. Arts and Humanities in Higher Education, 19(4), 419–444.
Treacy, D.S. & Gaunt, H. (2021). Promoting interconnections between reflective practice and collective creativity in higher arts education: The potential of engaging with a reflective matrix. Reflective Practice. Advance
Treacy, D. S. (2021, June). The potentials of engaging with a reflective matrix for artistic research. Invited guest lecture in the Artistic Research as a Seminal Series (ARSENAL), Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, Singapore.
Gaunt, H., Treacy, D. & Furu, P. (2015). Ensemble processes in arts: What organisational processes constitute ensembles in music, theatre and visual arts?, accepted full paper presentation at the XIIIth International Conference on Arts & Cultural Management (AIMAC2015) conference, Aix-en-Provence, France, June 28-July 1, 2015.
Furu, P., Gaunt. H. & Treacy, D. (2015). Exploring creative processes within arts ensembles, accepted full paper presentation at IFKAD 2015, the 10th International Forum on Knowledge Asset Dynamics, Bari, Italy, June 10-12, 2015.
Contact information for the project
- Professor, Taidehistoria ja -teoria, Academy of Fine Arts
- Professor, music education, doctoral education, MuTri-tohtorikoulu, Sibelius Academy
- Postdoctoral Researcher, MuTri-tohtorikoulu, Sibelius Academy
Learning in and through the Arts in higher education: Developing shared leadership
- Guildhall School of Music & Drama
- Hanken Business School