Under the skin￼
New music for the percussion ensemble.
Only the most powerful experiences of our lives really get under our skin. The pieces selected for the concert have one thing in common: they are all linked to unique events that have permanently changed the lives of the experiencer, both in good and in bad. The pairs of works represent extremes where traumatic experiences come together with moments of happiness and togetherness. The thematic counterparts depict turning points in life that in the concert speak through percussion, keyboards and human voice.
- Jerry Piipponen, supervision
- Sibelius Academy students of percussion
- Andy Akiho – to wALk Or ruN wEst harlem
- John Psathas – Piano Quintet
- Gemma Peacocke – Death Wish
- Christopher Cerrone – Goldbeater’s Skin
Additional information: Antti Rislakki, firstname.lastname@example.org