weS.A.N.K. Deep Stage As...
weS.A.N.K. Deep Stage As... or 161 prototypes of the Stage of the Future
Artistic Research Project by Vincent Roumagnac + Emmanuelle Chiappone-Piriou + Guests *
Staged/Installed outcome of the two-year artistic research project weS.A.N.K. (Speculative Architecture of Neganthroposcenic Kronotopias) & Second and last examined artistic part of Vincent Roumagnac's artistic research doctorate Deepening the Stage (Tutke/Performing Arts Research Centre – Uniarts Helsinki's Theatre Academy).
Venue: Vapaan Taiteen Tila, Helsinki
Dates: 14.11 - 18.11 2018
Public open hours: From 3 pm to 9 pm
The weSANK research project emerged from director-researcher Vincent Roumagnac’s dialogue with architect- researcher Emmanuelle Chiappone-Piriou. It surfaced at the confluence of Roumagnac's doctoral research on “Deepening the Stage” and Chiappone-Piriou's research on proto-architecture in relation to art and computation.
Together they have designed and implemented a two-year experimental project with and around the question: "How to prototype the stage of the future?” .
Via five collaborative sessions, in Tokyo, Paris, Helsinki, Barcelona and Daegu, together with artists and architects invited locally, they carried out the performative design and assembling of those prototypes.
From general themes – including theatre and architecture, stage and time ecology, big data and post-industrial landscapes, dystopian narratives and daily rituals, networks, climate, memory, energy and affect... – the spontaneous conceptualization and manufacture of prototypes sought to explore contemporary bio/techno-sensitive and geographical conditions and, from those diverse perspectives, to coalesce physical and informational objects with a scenic dimension.
weSANK Deep Stage As... , which is the final staging in Helsinki of the whole research project, invites spectators to enter this speculative landscape and to take part, through the experience of this shared quantity, in the emergence of alternative common scenic imaginaries.
* weSANK Guests : Simo Kellokumpu, Josselin Vamour, Yusuke Kamata, Guillaume Aubry, Carolina E. Santo, Anne-Valérie Gasc, Emmanuel Guez, Laura Gozlan, Icinori, Sébastien Martinez Barat & Benjamin Lafore, Aurélie Pétrel, Florian Sumi, Aurélien Vernant, Outi Condit, Henna-Riikka Halonen, Edvine Larssen, Maiju Loukola,Tuomo Rainio, Aida Salán Sierra, Begüm Erciyas, Lys Villalba, Cris Argüelles, Edouard Cabay, Mireia C. Saladrigues, Marc Salicrú Julià, Nacho De Antonio, Rumen Rachev and Woojin Kim.
weSANK Artistic Research Project was warmly produced, supported and hosted by:
- Uniarts Helsinki Tutke/Performing Arts Research Centre
- Research Pavilion, Venice, Italy
- Tokyo Arts and Space, Tokyo, Japan
- Mains-d'Oeuvres, Paris Saint-Ouen, France (avec Diagonale, Montréal)
- Performing Arts Research Centre, Helsinki,
- Finland Institut del Teatre, Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain
- Daegu Art Factory, Daegu, South Korea
- Performance Studies International PSi#24 "Performance as Network"
- Vapaan Taiteen Tila, Helsinki, Finland
Roumagnac's artistic research is generously supported by KONE Foundation.
Event also on Facebook.