University of the Arts Helsinki piloting Newsletter via Whatsapp
University of the Arts Helsinki is launching a newsletter for those interested in applying as an art student at the university. The newsletter will be sent via the Whatsapp smartphone application, allowing subscribers to receive the latest information on student admissions directly to their phones.
The newsletter will include the latest information on the admissions process of University of the Arts Helsinki’s three academies, reminding of important deadlines and answering to frequently asked questions. Moreover, subscribers will get a glimpse of what studying is like at Uniarts Helsinki and in Finland, as told by current students and alumni.
The newsletter will be sent approximately 1-4 times per month. Subscribers choose which academy news they want to receive. All newsletters will include general information in addition to academy-specific information about admissions.
How to sign up for the newsletter:
- If you haven’t already, download ”Whatsapp” to your phone
- Save the following phone number to your phone's contacts: +358 46 9230197. Name this contact e.g. ”Uniarts Helsinki Newsletter” (Please note: This phone number is used for the newsletter solely. Phone calls or text messages to this number will not be answered). If you do not save the phone number to your contacts, the University will not be able to send you newsletters.
- Send a message to the contact you just created via Whatsapp, indicating the following:
- The academy you are interested in: Academy of Fine Arts, Sibelius Academy, Theatre Academy
- Your name. Thus, your message could look as follows: ”Theatre Academy / Firstname Lastname”.
For sending the newsletter, University of the Arts Helsinki uses Whatsapp's Broadcasting-feature. As such, other subscribers will not see your contact information. Subscribers' information are not given to third parties. If you wish to unsubscribe, reply CANCEL to a newsletter.
For any questions or feedback regarding the service, contact whatsappnewsletter(at)uniarts.fi.
University of the Arts Helsinki’s Whatsapp newletter is a pilot project that is being tested for the first time this year. For the time being, the newsletter is only available for users with a smartphone and the possibility to download Whatsapp. Whatsapp is a free application. The messages sent via the application are also free, but require an Internet connection.
For all the information on admissions, visit page: Apply to Study.