10th anniversary of the international Creative Dialogue workshop
International workshop for composers and instrumentalists is organized on July 17th to 26th 2018 in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
The faculty will include Anssi Karttunen, cello, Magnus Lindberg, composition and David Poissonnier, sound design. The focus of the workshop will be on compositions for strings and live electronics. The final concert of this 10th anniversary Creative Dialogue is part of the Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival and will take place at the St. Francis Auditorium on July 26th at 6pm.
During the past 10 years, the Creative Dialogue workshop has brought together already almost 100 young music professionals - instrumentalists and composers. This Summer twelve composers and string musicians from Finland and the US are coming together in Colorado.
- Conor Brown - University of Colorado/Boulder
- Phi Bui - Royal Academy of Music
- Heidi Hassinen - Sibelius Academy
- Grant Luhmann - Yale School of Music
- Onur Yildirim - Columbia University
- Holly Workman - Eastman School of Music
- Mikhail Vayman - Colburn School of Music
- Julien Altman - McGill University
- Katie Fiona McKey - Manhattan School of Music
- Aaron Wolff - Juilliard School of Music and Drama
- Sirja Nironen - Sibelius Academy
- Brett Armstrong - University of Colorado/Boulder
Anssi Karttunen, Kaija Saariaho and Magnus Lindberg conceived Creative Dialogue workshops together with Sibelius-Academy in 2008. The idea behind the Creative Dialogue is to inspire young performers and composers to engage in a dialogue that benefits not only the two parties but the music life in general. Performers and composers often study in the same institutions, but are seldom encouraged to find out how much they can to learn from each other. Apart from the immediate personal relations that result from such a dialogue, it will lead to a deeper understanding of how composer-performer friendships have affected the history of music.
The Sibelius Academy invites many of the most prestigious Universities and Conservatories in North America and Europe to send students to the Creative Dialogue. The first 6 Creative Dialogues were held at Acequia Madre House, the former Santa Fe, NM home of the Curtin-Paloheimo family. Creative Dialogue is now held on alternate years in Santa Fe and in Finland.
Executive Assistant Kristina Lillqvist
kristina.lillqvist (at) uniarts.fi