Post Doc Art: Swarming
Swarming / Parveilu
Spring Awakening for Post Doc Art!
Welcome to the post-doc gathering organised by Centre for Artistic Research (CfAR) at Uniarts Helsinki on Thursday 5.4.2018 at 15:00–19 at the Theatre Academy, Room 525, staircase C (Haapaniemenkatu 6, Helsinki). Swarming is the form of the third Post Doc Art event.
The aim of the gathering is to search and find:
– collegial interlocutors
– potential collaborators
– help or support for some particular problem
– colleagues who may need your help
on postdoctoral and/or doctoral level, across the artistic, academic and disciplinary border-lines! The event is also open to staff members, to all Uniarts Helsinki research centres, as well researchers from Aalto university and the University of Helsinki.
At the Swarming you can either present and follow, or just follow.
Presenters are asked to:
– Prepare a “shout”: a one-page (1 A4) presentation concerning your project, research interest or situation as artist-researcher. The “shout” text should be sent in beforehand by Thursday 29.3.2018 to Tero Heikkinen, The shouts will be shared through the CfAR e-mail list 3.4.2018.
– Prepare a very short, one-minute presentation concerning your initiative.
– Bring a carpet! The carpet can be of any kind, of any size. There are also some carpets available on the spot.
– Bring along all accessories or instruments you may need for the occasion.
Don´t to be too self-critical. For the event to succeed, several presenters are needed!
Regardless are you presenting or following, please read the distributed “shouts” beforehand!
The event takes place in the spacious movement room 525 of Theatre Academy. Everybody chooses their place in the room and spreads their carpet. The event starts by a series of “shouts”, during which everyone who will make a call to their fellows shortly introduces their initiative. After that, swarming begins. The event ends with an “apéro”.
For more information, follow the CfAR web site and e-mails.
In all queries concerning the contents of the event, please consult coordinator Michaela Bränn, and in technical issues, please be in contact with post-doctoral researcher Tero Heikkinen,
Interested in joining the CfAR e-mail list, please send then a message to: